Ride the cinder track to glory in Chicago’s first-ever cinder track race! Join us on Sunday, August 20th for a day of racing at Winnemac Stadium. The racing starts at 6 a.m. Stay for the afternoon to cheer on all of our racers and visit with our sponsors and vendors in the festival.
Please remember that your registration to Chicago Cinder Classic implies a minimum fundraising of $800 per team.
Participants will race at Winnemac Stadium’s cinder track (the cinder surface is crushed gravel mixed with ash). Riders will complete 25 miles with their teammates while sharing a single speed bike provided by Active Trans. Participants will be divided into divisions to further level the playing field. Registration for each category is free with the commitment of raising $800 for this event.
- Elite Men*: This division is open to male riders who participate in races regularly and have a USA cycling rating (Cat 1-5).
- Elite Women*: This division is open to female riders who participate in races regularly and have a USA cycling rating (Cat 1-5).
- Open: This division is open to men and women of all skill levels.
- Masters: This division is open to men and women of all skill levels, age 35 and up.
*If you are an established rider we kindly ask that you do not downgrade to an Open division to increase your odds of winning.
REGISTER AND SET UP YOUR TEAM
- Each team must raise a minimum of $800 before October, 20 2017 to participate.
- Each division has a capacity of 24 teams. Teams are provided entry on a first come, first served basis.
- Start position will be determined by registration order. Sign up early to secure the best spot possible!